1. Limited Right to Use the Site: MIWatch.org ("MIWatch") grants you a limited right to use the Site. At any time and for any reason, MIWatch may revoke your right to use all or any portion of the Site. You may not, nor may you allow others to, violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site. You may not, nor may you allow others to, delete any Content on the Site. You may not, nor may you allow others to, collect or attempt to collect any information about other persons, including without limitation passwords, login information, account information or other information. You represent and warrant that you have not and will not enter into any agreement or perform any act that may contravene the purposes and/or effects of the Term of Use.
2. Ownership of the Site and Content: The Site is the property of, and is maintained by, MIWatch. The Site and the Content are protected by one or more copyrights, patents, database rights, trademarks, service marks and/or other intellectual property and proprietary rights that are owned by MIWatch, its affiliates and/or third parties. Nothing on the Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any image, trademark, logo, service mark, or other intellectual property on the Site. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, repackage, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, commercially exploit or sell all or any portion of the Site without the written permission of the author and MIWatch. You also may not decompose, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deconstruct all or any portion of the Site.
3. No Reliance: MIWatch provides the Site to the public for general information purposes only and the Content contained in the Site should not be construed as medical advice and/or opinion on any facts or circumstances. Although we try to keep our web site current and accurate, the Content speaks only as of the date indicated and are subject to change at any time without notice.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty: MIWatch provides the web site and/or links to other web sites, e-mail addresses, articles, events, and other Content "As Is" without warranty of any kind to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. In other words, we do not make any express or implied warranty, representation, or undertaking of any kind (nor does MIWatch assume any direct or indirect legal liability or responsibility whatsoever) that the information on the Site is applicable to your circumstances, correct, complete, or up-to-date. MIWatch disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, oF any kind with respect to the site and the Content, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, NON-INTERFERENCE, ACCURACY OF DATA, and non-infringement of intellectual property or proprietary rights.
5. Third-Party Information and Web Sites: MIWatch does not intend any third-party information on the Site to be referrals to, or endorsements of, the named persons, entities, or information that they make available. In addition, Content and opinions expressed by third parties, not associated with MIWatch, in any corresponding articles, links to other web sites, or other communications are the personal Content and opinions of the original authors, not of MIWatch. Accordingly, MIWatch has no more editorial control over such Content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Also, MIWatch is not sponsored by (or associated with) any particular linked person or entity on our web site unless so stated in truth by that linked person or entity.
6. Copyright Complaints: If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Site contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify MIWatch by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) by email to email@example.com as set forth below:
7. Technological Problems: MIWatch cannot promise that your access to the web site will be available at all times, uninterrupted, or that material accessible from the Site is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Although MIWatch takes reasonable security precautions when using the Internet or other means to transport data or other communications, MIWatch disclaims liability for any interception of data or communications. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the web site for the reconstruction of any lost data. MIWatch is not liable for any technological problem with the Site, any damage or injury caused by the performance or failure of performance of all or any portion of the Site, or any defect, delay, or error in or resulting from your use of the Site.
8. Subscribing to Subscriptions: You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all information relating to accessing Subscriptions. In other words, you may not disclose any information relating to accessing Subscriptions, including without limitation your password, to any third party. You accept full responsibility for any use of your password or other login information.
Last Updated: October 31, 2007
1. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to contact you or determine your specific identity. MIWatch does not collect personal identifying information about you through the Site except for:
2. MIWatch will use information collected on the Site for our own proper purposes. MIWatch also maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to protect the personal identifying information acquired.
3. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and are not covered by MIWatch's privacy policies.
4. MIWatch will not sell or give your e-mail or personally identifiable information to third parties, except as permitted or required by law as follows: i) to affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, such as attorneys, accountants, and other professionals we use to service the Site; ii) to comply with Federal, state, or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements; iii) to comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation or subpoena or summons by Federal, state, or local authorities; or iv) to respond to judicial process or government regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over Miwatch for examination, compliance, and other purposes as authorized by law.
5. E-mail sent to us may not be secure. In an effort to maintain your privacy, persons or entities contacting MIWatch by email are advised not send confidential or sensitive information via the Internet. If you choose to send us an e-mail message through the Site's "Contact Us" feature, we may retain the content of the e-mail message(s), your e-mail address, and our response(s).
6. If you choose to submit content for publication on the Site, we may publish your name and other information you have provided to us.
7. The site will include links to other web sites operated by third parties. MIWatch is not responsible for information on these third party web sites, nor for services or products offered by them. Use of such third party web sites, including transmitting your personal data to them is at your own risk. Also, such third party web sites are not covered by MIWatch's privacy policies and these third party sites may have their own privacy policies.
Authority: MIWatch is moderated occasionally and posteriorly. Internet users posting comments on this blog should not be considered to be health professionals.
Complementarity: Comments posted on MIWatch should be designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
Confidentiality: We remind you that everyone can read and use your comments. You do not have the possibility to erase your own comments.
Comments: Internets users commenting on MIWatch must behave with respect and honesty at all times. Internet users may not post any commercial/advertising comment. Internet users commenting on MIWatch must post information that is true and correct according to their knowledge. Sources to health/medical claims must be provided when relevant.
Moderators Reserve the right to erase, without notification, any comment judged to be inappropriate.
Last modification date : July 1, 2010