What you’re going to read in the next five minutes is everything you need to know to make a great decision on whether using detox drinks for passing drug tests is the strategy you should use, or avoid.
I’ve failed a couple of drug tests before I knew any of this stuff existed, and have since then passed a drug test successfully using a detox drink.
So you can consider this my complete guide on using detox drinks for urine sample drug testing based on my own experiences and knowledge.
More than that though, I’m going to explain to you how a drug test works, and how you can get caught out. I’ll tell you about getting weed out of your system and how long it takes, and if you should buy specialist detox drinks for weed, or whether they are a waste of money.
Plus, I’ll tell you exactly how to use a detox drink, along with a couple of top tips I’ve learned doing it myself. All that, plus I’m going to tell you exactly why the top three brands of detox drinks are the most popular.
How Drug Testing Actually Works
I want to start by just talking through exactly how urine sample drug testing works, because there’s quite a lot of confusion and misinformation out there, and I want to make you clear on exactly what you can expect to happen.
Basically, you go along and you check in with some ID. You’ll then be taken into a room and you may be asked some questions at that time, and you’ll have to sign some stuff as well.
This is the important part though about that moment. Nearly all of the drug testing in the USA is unsupervised, it’s only supervised the very rare instances like law enforcement.
Unsupervised drug testing means that you won’t have someone standing over you looking at you. They will probably not even be in the same room, but at the very least they will be on the other side of the screen. That’s why submitting a fake sample is possible.
However, if you don’t want to submit a fake sample, or it’s a supervised drug test, then a detox drink is your best way to pass.
When you submit your sample, this is what happens:
- Within four minutes temperature recording has to be taken (usually the submission cup has the temperature strip on the side).
- Within a few hours they will conduct basic validity checks. This is stuff like testing to see if it’s been adulterated, making sure it contains creatinine, is balanced for pH and gravity, has urea and uric acid in it, the simple things like that that could flag a sample for closer scrutiny.
- It will then have a basic immunoassay test done. This is where the sample is tested against panel is that react to the substances that are being looked for (hence five panel drug test etc.). If it tests negative, you or the person commissioning the test will be told usually within 24 hours.
- However, if the basic testing brings up positive results, it will be subjected to a more rigorous gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis.
Let’s Talk About Weed And How To Get Out Of Your System
Now you understand how drug test is actually done, let’s talk about your chances of getting caught if you are a regular drug taker.
The problem is that drug detection times, those averages that you’ll see online like cocaine leaving your system in three days, are averages for moderate users.
If you are a regular user or smoker then those detection times shoot up. Multiple days, and for many drug types, multiple weeks before you are clean.
Let’s talk about how to get weed out of your system as the example here.
If you smoke one joint, and it’s the first joint you’ve had for months, then it will probably leave your system in a handful of days. However, the more you smoke, the more those metabolites build up in the body.
The problem is that weed metabolites are nasty. They are shaped so that they clean to cells in the body more readily than other drug types.
That means a chronic weed smoker can actually take several months to get clean. Even then, they could test clean for a few days, and then metabolites could detach themselves in the body, and work their way out through the urine stream again. That’s why weed is so dangerous for drug testing, even though it’s actually really not an issue for most people during employment.
Can You Just Naturally Detoxify To Pass A Drug Test?
Yes of course you can naturally detoxify to pass a drug test. But as you’ve now read, if you’re a regular user, it could take weeks.
If you’re really occasional user, then as long as you’ve got a week, or maybe even less, then you could do a natural detox. Exercise, sweat, eat and drink healthily, plenty of water, plenty of sleep, and you’ll be fine.
If you’re a regular user, you’re going to be in trouble unless you’ve got at least two weeks, often longer, to allow all those nasty metabolites to work their way out of your body.
So for most people, the answer is no, you simply cannot sit around for weeks waiting for those drug metabolites to exit your body, even if you can, or want, to lay off the fund for that long.
That leaves you with the easy option of drinking a high-quality detox drink a couple of hours before you go to submit your sample instead.
How A Detox Drink Works
Hopefully you’re now bit clearer on how a drug test works, and how it’s really not a viable strategy as a regular user to just wing it and take a bit of time off from drugtaking and living healthily instead.
What you need is a good quality detox drink and you need to be able to use it the correct way.
But not all detox drinks really do the job they claim. This is what a detox drink has to do to help you pass a drug test with a decent success rate:
- The detox drink should contain enough liquid to flush through your stomach and into your bladder to make you want to urinate, without excessively flooding your body with water. A lot of poor quality detox drinks ask you to drink quite a lot of additional water in addition to the actual detox liquid, a sure sign of poor quality and hoping the water does some of the detoxification (which comes at the risk of your sample being diluted).
- The detox drink has to have the ingredients to pull toxins out of your body quickly. Anything nearing the point of entering your bladder has to come through quickly, so it needs contain ingredients which helps your body to process things slightly more quickly and want to urinate them out.
- A good quality detox drink for a drug test has to also flood your body with things found in human urine. That’s because it’s going to flush everything out. So it needs to flood your body with things like creatinine, along with various vitamins and minerals found in urine, so that some pass through into your bladder after the flushing process to keep your urine appearing natural in composition.
- A good quality detox drink will also contain natural ingredients which help the urine to appear normal in color as well.
Now as you can see, that’s one hell of a list, and it’s exactly why not many detox drinks make the top three I’m going to tell you about later.
Can Home Remedy Detox Drinks Pass Drug Tests?
The complexity a detox drink needs to have to handle flushing out your system, replacing the nutrients, and making your urine look natural, cannot be replicated by cutting costs on a cheap drink, or worse trying a home remedy detox drink.
People online will swear that you can use various types of juice and tea, but that’s rubbish.
They will claim that you can drink fruit pectin, or something else, to flush out your system. Apple cider vinegar, you name it, it’s been suggested as a natural detox drink.
The bottom line is that thousands of idiots out there have been caught out going along and submitting a sample after trying a home remedy detox drink. None of them work, take my word for it I’ve tested many of them using home drug test kits to see if they could actually work.
How I Passed A Drug Test Using A Detox Drink
Now you’ve hopefully got a good idea about the basics of drug testing and why some detox drinks work, and why others simply don’t, let’s talk you through how you actually pass a drug test using one.
I’m going to give you the exact instructions I followed (and since tailored slightly) to ensure I get the best out of the detox drink, maximizing my chance of testing clean.
It was about 18 months ago I did the drug test using a detox drink. It was to get my current job, a really good one that was a huge step up for me in terms of money and responsibility. I’ve been hitting weed hard for weeks, not thinking I really stood a chance, and then suddenly told via email I was getting an interview in a four days’ time.
I didn’t have a chance in hell of getting clean, but luckily I had Toxin Rid and a detox drink in my house.
Here are the steps I took to use a detox drink to pass a urine sample drug test:
- The first thing you have to do is ensure that you stop taking the drugs for as many days before the drug test as you can. If it’s a week, brilliant, but even if it’s 24 hours, that can a lot.
- Do a natural detox for as long before your test you can. Even a 48 hour natural detox will help to push out more toxins, leaving less work for the detox drink to do on the day of your test. Eat well, sleep well, exercise and sweat, drink plenty of water, eat healthy foods, and for cannabis, make sure you eat fatty foods in the 24 hours leading up to your test and pass stools as often as possible. The reason for that is it can draw more of the metabolites out through the bowels because weed metabolites attach to bile, created by fat and fiber consumption.
- Use some high-quality detox pills to speed up the elimination of toxins during this detoxification period before the day of your test (if you have time to do so). Toxin Rid are probably the best pills out there, and even a 24-hour course will push out toxins to your urine and bowels in a way of like you’ve never seen before.
- On the day of your test, 4 hours before you have to submit your sample, it’s time to get ready for the detox drink. Have a light meal, and drink plenty of water then urinate a couple of times. Don’t eat or drink anything else after that.
- One hour before you leave, drink the contents of the detox drink bottle. Do it smoothly over about 30 minutes, then urinate as frequently as possible in the 30 minutes after that (and also while you’re drinking it if possible). Try to urinate twice, or three times if possible, to push out all the toxins and empty your bladder.
- This is a key step that’s often not considered. Ensure that you have a home drug test kit handy and do it just before you leave. If you test positive, then you need a plan B. That will either be a detox drink that you drink quickly, and then you’ll have to urinate on the way, or you’ll have to resort to submitting a fake urine sample.
The reason I say to do it just an hour before you leave is that you want the window of opportunity to submit a clean sample in to be as broad as possible. Detox drinks tend to only last about five hours, before fresh toxins leak into your urine.
If you have heavy levels of toxins in your body, that window when your urine is clean of toxins could be as little as two hours. So the closer to your drug test you do this, the longer that window of opportunity will be.
Are There Specific Detox Drinks For Weed Metabolites?
Before I finish my guide to using detox drinks for passing urine sample drug tests, I want to talk to you about detox drinks for weed. What I mean by that is detox drinks specifically marketed to claim that they eliminate cannabis metabolites by targeting them.
I can tell you for a fact it’s a load of marketing nonsense. No detox drink can target one type of drug metabolites.
Some will claim to help draw cannabis toxins out of your bowel, which is how 40% do leave your body in contrast to most other drug metabolites which almost exclusively leave through the body.
However, the amount of fiber in a detox drink is negligible, and any other ingredients simply cannot draw the toxins out, and get them into your stools in the time between drinking the drink and going to do your test.
The bottom line is that you have to choose the best quality detox drink for the money you have, and try and back it up with at least 24 hours of natural detoxification before the day of your test as well to stand the best possible chance of passing a drug test.
The Top Three Best Detox Drinks For Drug Test Success
I failed two drug tests before I discovered fake urine and detox drinks, and I hope that this guide to using them will help you to avoid the failures I experienced.
As you can see from this guide, it’s really pretty damn easy to stand a very high chance of passing a drug test if you use a high-quality detox drink and back it up with a couple of days of detoxification if possible.
The three detox drinks out there that I would recommend you use for passing a drug test using this method are:
- Ultra Eliminex from Herbal Clean, costing $85
- Rescue Cleanse from Clear Choice, costing $55
- Mega Clean from Detoxify, costing $70
A couple of words at the end here about those high-quality detox drinks I’ve just mentioned above.
On its own, Ultra Eliminex is definitely the most potent detox drink on the market. But you are paying a premium price. The company claim you don’t need to do a detoxification program beforehand, but I wouldn’t trust that. If you use it, I’d still try and detox before the day of your test if possible. However, on its own, if you don’t have the time, it’s your best chance.
Rescue Cleanse is a great middle ground. A good price, and a good pedigree from the company who make it. You will definitely need to do a 24-hour detox beforehand at least, to maximize your chances of it working properly.
Mega Clean is okay, but I wouldn’t recommend you use it on your own unless you’re desperate. But if you buy it bundled up with the six Toxin Rid pills from Test Clear, and use those Toxin Rid pills during a 24-hour detox the day before your test, then Mega Clean and the pills as a combo are incredibly powerful.
Giving you the lowdown on my passions around avoiding drug tests and being smart.